Sunday, February 05, 2006

My First Full Month Behind Me!


Today is my 31st day on the Prism Weight Loss Program! I have been faithful and observant and I have reaped the benefits of healthier eating and more energy. I will not weigh myself for 18 more days, so I don't know the weight loss total yet, but I know that I am very, very close to meeting my first goal...To forever leave the 200's behind me! Yippee!

My second goal is this, to break the obesity barrier. That is right, ladies. I am going to forever rid my medical records of the word "obese" forever! The clinical definition of obese is to be 30% above your ideal body weight. According to Dr. Koop, my ideal body weight is 130-143 lbs. That means that I need to weigh in at 168-184 lbs. to be free of that label. (To get these numbers, I multiplied my ideal body weight by 1.29 and then rounded to the nearest pound.)

This is so attainable for me! I am jacked! I can feel it in my clothes and I can see it in my face...I am making progress. It is only a matter of time, ladies.

Here are my stats for the last two days:

Friday, Day 29: 1150 calories, 8 glasses of water.

Saturday, Day 30: 1130 calories, 8 glasses of water.

Discovery: If you eat soup, it is warm, filling, and so low in calories (the broth based ones) that you can have a big salad and a rice cake with a topping! It makes for a very filling meal. My new favorite soup is Healthy Choice's Chicken and Rice. Just 90 cal. per cup.

3 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

WOW! 31 days already! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear the results of your weigh in. Thanks for being such an inspiration.

Kristina said...

Way to stick to it Jules. Doesn't it feel good to have the first month behind you?
I know you're going to make it... it's jsut a matter of time.
Thanks for inspiring us to work towards our goals! Love you!

Chickadeeva said...

Julie - you're really quite the gangleader. I'm so proud to call you my friend. You are calling your surrounding crowd towards love and good works.