Sunday, February 26, 2006

Hello ladies


Good gravy Julie said I was spunky and funny? That is soo... much to live up to! Ha! Hello ladies! Just a note to introduce myself and to get started with this blog. I am Jenny. I have known Julie for what seems like forever and I am glad that you all decided to let me into your "club". I don't know if I have belonged to a "club" since I was in highschool so already my self esteem has skyrocketed for just being let in the front door! (SMILE!)

The cold hard facts-
I am 34 years old.
I weigh the same now as I did when I was pregnant with my son.
I am NOT pregnant now! (can you see the problem people?)

The goals-
To lose 30 pounds of FAT( I will be measuring my body fat % and not my weight to see my progress)
To fit into the cute pair of size 8 Ralph Lauren shorts I just bought- by August!
To look great in a bikini even though I am too old to wear one!

The method-
I am currently walking about 20-25 miles a week.
Workouts at home (4 days a week) with the book Body Express Makeover.
I will be adding a few days of kickboxing with Denise Austin to vent my frustrations regarding how darn easy it is to get fat and how hard one must work to get skinny!

My weaknesses
Starbucks Lattes
I hate cold dark mornings and getting up to exercise
I need fast results or I get discouraged and bored!

So there you have it! I am sending a link to the great book I am using and I will include the photo of my shorts. I actually went in and bought a pair of shorts that are way to small for me because I could "see" myself in them. I told my husband that a visual goal is a good thing so I went out and got them! Come August I am posting a photo of me wearing them!!! Yipee, won't that be cool! Congrats to those of you that have already made the changes necessary to become the people you want to be. I am looking forward to posting my progress, and following in your footsteps.
Jenny

4 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Jenny,girl, there you are! Nice pants...Ok, shorts. You are going to Rock, girl! I am so glad you are in our Mickey Mouse club! It is so great here. One of my favorite places to be. I love cheering people on and posting about my good days and my bad ones. I love community. This is a fabulous group of girls. We will be the secret weapon you need, girl, so get ready.

Jules

Kristina said...

Jenny,
That is so great that you bought that smaller size of shorts... as an incentive. I have a goal to meet by August too. For it will be my 20th high school reunion. Yikes, it sure makes me feel old when I write that out! Anyhow, I'd like to be down sixty pounds by then,and/or a size 12. I started off at a 20/22 and am currently in a 16 bottom and 16/18 top. (I still am top heavy after losing 27 pounds), but hey, my husband's not complaining!
Anyhow, if you stick with us, I have no doubt that we'll be just the thing that you need to help keep you on track.
So glad you'ved joined us Jenny. :)

Paige said...

Hi Jenny!!
I'm new here too, and welcome!
I also have an August goal- it's to beat my sister (we have a wager going- person who loses more by Aug 1 wins a nice (healthy) dinner and an outfit!).

Good luck with the shorts!

Debbie said...

Jenny,
Welcome to the group. I know you'll make it!!! Wow, that's a lot of walking. I think that is just great. I'll be watching your progress with enthusiasm
Debbie