Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Climb


Kristina is an inspiration. This post started out as a comment on Kristina's post then I got carried away.
Getting to a mountain top isn't easy. Not that I have done it myself but I am married to a mountain climber. There is so much preparation before the actual climb even begins - work and discipline. Climbing means putting one foot in front of the other - slowly with an even pace. It means not giving up when it even becomes hard to breath. He says the experience is incredible. I will have to take his word for that because the only mountain top I will see will be from an airplane. However I think the feeling of accomplishing substantial weight loss has to be close to the feeling you get when you when you summit a mountain. That I hope to do. I just have to remember that you don't run up a mountain, you take those slow purposeful steps - one at a time.

The summit is stil a long ways away and the going is slow, but it is reachable. Kristina isn't the only inspiration -you all are. Every one of you are inspiring as you struggle and accomplish what you have set out to do. We are all changing our lives. WE ARE NOT ON A DIET. That's the hard part sometimes when we think we are on this temporary journey. If we can just change the way we feel about how we eat, why we eat and what we eat and realize that it is a life journey.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Jodie,
You are so sweet. This post meant a lot to me. It made me teary eyed. Thankyou so much!

Pink Slippers said...

Thank you Jodie for sharing this...it is true, one step at a time and with plenty of struggles along the way. Even the summit is not the end of your trip...it just keeps going. This was great for me to read this morning, I needed it.

SueAnne said...

Well said Jodie. Well said.
SueAnne