Friday, February 24, 2006

Flying high one day, off the wagon the next....

Man, I fealt good yesterday! Today was a whole nother story. I was just off my groove all day. Struggling to make good choices. Sugar cravings out of control. Just hungry all day. Hanging on by a pinky nail, I had 9 points (WW) left for dinner. My husband and I had a chiropractor appoinment this afternoon.

So there we were......5:30pm...still hungry, but now tired and grouchy......just want a big burger and fries.....ok I won't go that far. I will just go home and cook the dinner I had planned.....Nope, family wants to eat out and I don't want to cook. Subway...ya...Subway is safe. That is, if you are making good choices. You know, go for one of the low fat sandwiches. Nope, not me, got the chicken parmesan. That wouldn't have been so bad, if I had skipped the chips. Yes CHIPS! (Eeww!) I could have stuck with water...nope went for the soda. And, and, AND... stopped on the way home for a non-fat, decaf mocha.

I am still hanging tight to Queenlivalot's mountain climb analogy (post 2/19/06). One purposeful step at a time. I am going to take my heart burn and slip into bed, reciting Lamentations 3:22-23 softly to myself.......Tomarrow is another day.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

SueAnne,
This post cracked me up. And I could totally hear where you were coming from. A couple of weeks ago my family went out to Wendy's for dinner, (might I add that I love Wendy's burgers and nuggets?) And anyhow, everyone is happily chowing down their burgers, fries, nuggets, and pop, and I am scowling to myself as I eat my chili and side salad. That was tough for me to watch everyone else enjoying their meals, and I was grumpy! You know, I was able to stick to the plan, but my attitude really stunk and I did not enjoy myself.
It just goes to show, that some days really are better than others. And some days we all are hanging on by a pinky nail. One night last week I had a beer. A BEER. I had a very stressful day and I wanted a beer. And there is no way that one of those is allowed on my present diet! You know, all we can do is take it one day at a time, and try not to beat ourselves up when we slip a little. We need to look at the progress that we've made, and not dwell on our mistakes.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Sorry, SueAnne. I still believe in you! You can do it! Good choices are in your ability to make. I think you should really think about the sugar thing. Are you an information junkie? Try researching sugar and see if your research gives you the gumption to cut that nasty stuff out of your diet all together!

Jules

PS
Good news, Kristina, beer is allowed, and so is wine, and any hard alcohol that isn't a chick drink with sugar syrup...you just have to count the points.

Pink Slippers said...

SueAnne, Sorry about your rough day, just know you are in good company! Everyone has them! (I sure hate it when I am having them, like I did last night!) You will make it through this and now that it is in the past, let it go and move forward to the present moment. Be encouraged! We are here to help each other.
Have a super day!
Tina

SueAnne said...

Jules,
I know about the sugar. Just living in denial......................:)

bodiski said...

SueAnn, I really know how you feel. I have struggeled with DIETS all my life. It seems like so much of our daily lives revolve around food - celebrations, shopping, getting together with friends, church fellowship,movies, and trips to Costco. Food entertains us - it's FUN. Unfortunately all that FUN shows up on our bodies. I keep telling myself to stick with it even though my weight loss has been soooooooooooooooo SLOW! I just keep going back to the one step at a time and I know that over time it will be rewarding.

Every new day is a new start. Don't look back at yesterday.

Jodie