Saturday, February 25, 2006

Boo Hoo 2 Thumbs and a Toe

Well, I haven't blogged for awhile. Last Tuesday when I went to my Weight Watchers meeting I had great expectations that I would finally, after 4 weeks, break the 5 pound barrier. I wanted that stupid little piece of paper that looks like a bookmark and has a big 5 on it. Well, the scale said 4.8 pounds. That means I was still almost 3 oz away . How could that be? I told the clerk that I REALLY wanted it to be 5 pounds. She suggested that I take my watch off. I have to admit - it was a temptation. How about going to the bathroom for one last pee and taking off all my jewelry and giving myself a haircut? I told her no because " I would know the truth". Try to picture an ounce. Weight Watchers says that to estimate an ounce it is about the size of your thumb. So, I was only about 3 thumbs aways from my first goal. Since I have only 2 thumbs I would have to throw in a toe as well. Well, since I'm not desperate enough to give up my 2 thumbs and a toe I will just have to try harder. I am not giving up. Next Tuesday I WILL get that 5 pound bookmark.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Jodie,
I am so glad to hear that determination in your post. It can be very discouraging when we don't lose as much as we want to, or worse... when we actually gain a little.
I believe in you lady, and I'm looking forward to seeing your post about how you earned that little piece of paper that has the # 5 on it!
Just keep your chin up.
-Kristina

Mom2the6Rs said...

Mom, Just have patience and keep improving your life and you will be so happy with the results. Enjoy the cruise...it may not take much time to drive up to Roach Harbor in the Miada, but don't you enjoy the slow cruise in your Seattitude much better? Just another word picture.

Jules