Monday, February 13, 2006

Days 2,3,4

Hello ladies! Accountability.....Accountability.....It is a good thing.

So far so good. Paying attention to what I eat has made me aware of how much I eat (or would like to). My WW point goal is 24 points per day.

Friday -social event-Mexican Food. I may have over pointed that meal but I thought it was better to over estimate and be realistic than to under estimate and kid my self. Used up 18 of my "bank points" that day. Saturday, very next morning-Social event-Ladies brunch. Had a wonderful time. My plan was to have a small piece of the egg bake that I knew would be there and point it as an omlet, then just stick with eating fruit. This worked well until she mentioned home made scones.......Had one, it was delicious. By the time I pointed the "omlet", scone, jelly, decidant topping, fruit, creamer in my coffee, O.J. and the fruit, I had spent 23 of my 24 points! Yikes! Discovered the WW no points home made vegetable soup to fill up on. It was quite tasty. Used 4 of my bank points that day. Then, yesterday (family night) I had four points left over at the end of the day and we went out for icecream. Could have stayed at my goal if I had only got one scoop (ate two). Used 5 "bank points" that day.

So here are my stats:
Fri: 24+ points ;10 glasses of water; 1 fruit 4 veggies
Sat: 24+ points; 10 glasses of water; 1 fruit 5 veggies
Sun: 24+ points; 8 glasses of water; 2 fruit 4 veggies

I am so thankful for this system because it works with my brain. I am definately steered toward the healthier food. The thing that has been noticable and wonderful this week is never having that feeling of being overstuffed! I find that if I leave the table in a few minutes I feel really good going about my chores because my body isn't working so hard to digest a truck load of food.

Struggles: Hungry in the afternoons. I don't mind the hunger pains, but I am filling up on veggies in the afternoons and by dinner it is not quite cutting it. I have a head ache by dinner. This may change as my body evens out-after all it is only week 1:)

Have a great day and a wonderful week!!
SueAnne

1 comment:

Kristina said...

SueAnne,
You are a lean, mean, water drinking machine! : )
Good job on being real on your points system. It would be easy to fudge it, but that would not profit you.