Monday, February 27, 2006

Bananas

I have my day set up, for the most part:
Two starch and two juice for breakfast
Two starch, two protein, one fat, and one fruit for lunch
Two starch, three protein, one fat, and veggies for dinner
One starch and one fat for dessert

Today? we didn't have bananas. Which is my lunchtime fruit. My bananas get me through the afternoon, but today is grocery day.

I'm SO PROUD of myself because even though I'm starving?? I haven't snacked or eaten cookies, marshmallows, or even fat free pringles. I'm waiting for my banana. I'm making a healthy choice.

It's choice by choice, ladies. One at a time.

4 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Terrific, Paige! Your body will thank you for it! It is funny, if we were put in charge of someone elses eating, if they were counting on us to give them good food because they were unable to make good choices themselves, we would do a great job, most likely. But if it is for ourselves, we often don't treat ourselves with the same respect we would someong else. Does that make sense? I say we start loving ourselves and treating our own bodies with respect and care. What say you?

Jules

Kristina said...

Way to exhibit self control Paige. It's really hard when you're hungry, AND you have to do grocery shopping. Well done!
Keep up the good work!

-Kristina

Paige said...

Wow Jules, that's one way to think about it- and I fully agree with you!!
Good perspective

Mom2the6Rs said...

Paige, you said you had a wager going with you sister...would she be interested in this blog? Or are you reserving it as your SECRET WEAPON?

Jules