Thursday, February 16, 2006

I weighed myself....

Well ladies, I finally weighed myself, I have been working at this core program for 3 weeks now and I have lost 3 pounds. I am happy, but a little dissapointed. I was hoping for more in three weeks, but I won't whine too much. It is still a respectable loss. I am going to continue trucking along over here, making good choices and feeling good about it. Here is the last two days menus:

Yesterday:
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ sugar and cinnamon (I realized only a couple of teaspoons of sugar is not that many calories, but it is enough to give that sweeter flavor I really like in oatmeal!)
Snack: cottage cheese and pineapple
Lunch: taco salad, lots of veggies and chili on top
Snack: rice cakes w/ jelly
Dinner: fake "chikn" parmesan w/ asparagus topped with lite laughing cow cheese (this stuff is so yummy and only 1 pt each triangle, spreads and melts wonderfully!)
Snack: 2 corn tortillas w/ pico de gallo
Workout: The Firm body sculpt w/ weights on step bench

Today:
Breakfast: Smoothie
Lunch: 1/2 sandwich made up of avocado, tomato, lettuce and mustard. Carrot sticks on side
Snack: Pria bar (chocolate mint, YUM)
Snack later: 2 tortillas w/ pico de gallo (love this as much as hummus, but it has nearly no calories and no fat!!!)
Dinner: ww pasta w/ sauce
Snack: apple sauce and popcorn, 1 dove dark chocolate
Workout: 1 hour of martial arts - it is STILL kickn' my boo-tay! But I am lovin it! Oh, and I have to be in the belt ceremony doing things all martial artsy in front of PEOPLE! DOH! What did I sign up for? Master Chang told me this today....hmmm, this should be a very humbling moment in my life....

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Okay, now I am definitely NOT going to sign up for the martial arts. Have fun at your ceremony! : )
I hope you are not discouraged about the three pound loss. If you were a lot bigger, (like me) you would see bigger numbers come off more rapidly. But, because you are smaller, it tends to come off a bit more slowly. Hey, three pounds lost is certainly better than three pounds gained! PLus, I'll bet you are gaining muscle, from working muscles that ought not to be used! ( I'm speaking of the martial arts again). Good job Tina!

Chickadeeva said...

Tina - that is the reason I didn't manage to finish studying Aikido - I coudln't bear the idea of me in that white outfit - all Miss Karate Kid and all - I just felt way too silly.

It sounds like your program removes the fun of losing water weight, which also accounts for larger losses.

About the muscle part - YES! Fat weighs less than muscle, so keep your eye on your legs and not on the scale for your 'real' improvement :-)

Mom2the6Rs said...

Yikes! In front of others? You will shine, girl. Show 'em how its done!

Jules