Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hi There!

Hi ya'll! Thanks for inviting me to join the group! Hopefully you guys will inspire me to stay on track!

I was once a size 4, but that has been several years ago. I was too skinny then, but I wouldn't mind being back to a comfortable, off the rack 8. At the moment, however, I'm at a 12 (on a good day) - yuck.

But no one ever got anywhere whining, so here are my "ate it, moved it, lost it" resolutions:

1) Water! You guys are amazing with your dedication to drinking water so hopefully it will rub off on me. I am going to do my best to drink 8 glasses each day, and hopefully break my coffee addiction.

2) I resolve to get to the Y and really get my tush in gear at least three days each week. In addition to this, I will keep up my yoga class twice a week and my two tennis sessions each week. That's the "moved it" part of this, right?

3) I will add to your butter stick count. I will eat right (ensuring I get enough iron, calcium and protein since left to my own devices I don't) and watch the chocolate, medicinal though it may be.

4) I will cheer for each of you and let you inspire me. You guys have done so much to be proud of, and I will do my best to help you remember that when it seems you might need reminding. You have each accomplished something amazing.

Four resolutions - I can manage that. Thanks for letting me join your group - onward and thinward!

3 comments:

SueAnne said...

Lisa,
Welcome! And may you be inspired, encouraged and persevere in your goals!
SueAnne

Mom2the6Rs said...

Welcome, Lisa. That is a tall order, but this blog is just the place to get it done.

Jules

Kristina said...

Hi Lisa,
So glad thaat you've joined us! Hey, I checked out your other blog. You've got a sense of humor girl. :)
We hope to help you reach your goals. Oh, to be an eight! My ultimate goal is to get back into a ten-twelve. I started off at around a twenty-two though.
Anyhow, I'm glad you're here. The more the merrier. It's just wonderful to be feel the support of so many other women!