Friday, March 10, 2006

Weekends are my hardest times...

Ok, well here we are at the weekend....I am really going in with the attitude that I am going to do this right. But to start I will get you updated on this evening. Well, first, I will tell you I have a regular date with a very good friend of mine, we meet the 2nd Friday of every month. Normally we go out to dinner and then do something fun. Tonight we tried a new Italian place, it was superb by the way. (it is called Smashed Tomatoes and it is right across the street from the Children's museum in Everett) Anyway, I went in thinking, I will enjoy myself but make good choices. Yeah right. I chose the garlic chicken in asiago sauce on fettucini. Oh yum. Well, I ate my bread (thankfully they only give you one piece) and most of my dinner as well as a salad. But here is the upside, I had saved nearly all of my points for this evening, so I don't think I went over much what I was allowed, not to mention I never eat extra for the workouts I get in every day. (which on Weight Watchers you can add more food if you exercise). So, all in all not bad. But I will need some serious encouragement here to keep up the good work for the whole weekend. My attitude is good, I am not going to be eating anymore this evening. So, I will get in here and post tomorrow and let you all know how it goes. Just knowing you all are here really helps!
Here is the menu for the rest of the day:
Breakfast: cereal w/ soymilk
Lunch: Bean burrito and water
Snack: banana
Dinner: well you already read it, boy was it good! That place ROCKS! And if you go have the pesto ceasar dressing, a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

Night all!

4 comments:

Paige said...

You can do it!! We'll do it together. Weekends have always been the toughest for me, as they're so unstructured, but just make every choice a good choice. And you have a great first step- you have a PLAN!

bodiski said...

Thanks for the tip on the restaurant. There are a couple of things I learned at Weight Watchers that might help next time you go to a restaurant. Ask for a "to go" box as soon as your food in served. Immediately put half of your dinner in the box. Don't wait until you have eaten half.... oh well, just a couple of bites more..........maybe just one more.......this is absolutely the last bite.........oops forget the "to go" box. It works. The other little trick is to lay your fork on the plate when you have eaten the portion that you decided is OK. Make sure the fork is in the food so you can't pick it up again without getting your hand messy. This works at home too.

Pink Slippers said...

Ooooh, that is a good one, laying your fork IN the food, I would not want to pick it back up all mucked up! Thanks for the tip!

Page, I appreciate your struggles with the weekends, and i think you are correct, it is because they are so unstructured. Thanks all for the encouragement!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Tina, I have to confess to you, when I went out to eat last night with Kristina, I was very good about not taking too much of the yummy red curry we ordered. I knew that sauce was filled with coconut milk and it would just kill my calorie count. But as the server took the dish away, that was still slurpping at the top with sauce, I had a little mourning session in my mind. "Oh my gosh, what a waste of delicious food...it is so sad that is about to be thrown away...maybe I should have...oh Julie, let it go...it is just food...it is just not so good for you food."

Silly, eh?

The saving grace for me with Prism is that I am not allowed to have pasta or bread (other than 100% whole wheat). There are things that are no nos, like deep fried, battered foods and gravy. It helps me to stay true by not even touching that stuff. I am thankful for these guidlines. This is the one downer, for me anyways, of the WW plan, everything is allowable. That makes it tougher to make good choices consistently. I know it is also it's shining glory and draw too. That nothing is off limits. I just think, for me, a recovering food addict, that too many choices are bad news. Maybe when I have lost and maintained my weight for 43 years, I can start that up...HA, but for now, I like the restrictions.

It's like no sex before marriage. Some see it as a restriction, an unfair rule, but the wiser person sees that God set that up to protect us on every level and to give power to our marriage as well.

I will remain a white pasta virgin, a sugar virgin, a white flour virgin. Thank you very much.

Love you, praying for your weekend,
Jules