Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Compliment!


Tomorrow is my secretary's birthday so I got her a gift which I wanted waiting for her when she gets there in the morning. Since she gets to work at 7:00 and I get there at 8:30, I went back to the office tonight after tennis to place it at her desk. While I was there I ran into one of the other secretaries (Cassie, who used to work for me) who was decorating her cubicle.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but you are really slimming down."

There's a wrong way to take this?

I think most of it is just redistributing (fat to muscle) since the scales haven't shown much difference (although I haven't stepped on them in 2 weeks) and further compounded by the fact that I was in a tank top and skirt and Cassie has only ever seen me in suits or other work clothes - but hey, I'll take it! And I feel great!

Even though she's no longer works for me, Cass is so getting flowers on Secretary's Day!

4 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Its hard to give someone compliments when they are slimming down. You don't want to draw attention the the weight they *were* by pointing out the weight they *are*

I found that when people say, "hey, you're looking really great" I like it better than "you've lost weight".

I am going to go around telling everyone how great they look if that's all it takes to get flowers :-)

Mom2the6Rs said...

I agree with Elicia, if I know someone is obviously trying to lose weight I will say something, but until it becomes blairingly obvious, I won't mention the weight. I was kind of hurt when no one at my church complimented me on my weight loss (when I had lost my first 16 lbs.) It wasn't until I had lost about 21 lbs. that anyone said anything. I think that makes sense.

Jules

Kristina said...

That is so great Lisa! Don't you love it when people start noticing enough to actually say something?
Elicia does make an excellent point, however. Many people aren't comfortable with pointing out someone's weight loss.
I'm happy for you. : )

Kristina

SueAnne said...

People always tell me "Wow, you look so great! Did you do something different?" When I actually take the time to put make up on (not often:) It cracks me up!
SueAnne