Thursday, March 30, 2006

My big debut


Ok, this is the best shot I could find from the ceremony last night. Kinda blurry and I had to crop out all the other people who were hoggin' my spotlight, namely my kid and husband! :) Ok, it went great, I was very nervous. Yesterday afternoon at the end of class my teacher informed me I would be doing my "kata" on stage, which I have only been instructed on it a total of 2 times. THANKS! Well, I practiced it last night and it went fine. Not perfect, but most people would never know that. I was on stage with all the other grown ups (total of 4 us) each doing their own kata. Oh, and a kata is a combination of punches, kicks, blocks and stances that are done in a predetermined pattern, kind of like a dance, but with martial arts. My son and I were in two other demos that night and those were a blast, there were lots of kids on stage during those so that made me more comfortable. My son, on the other hand, had a great time, loved all his moments in the spotlight and did a fabulous job! So there ya have it, and now all of you know what I look like in my "gi" (that is gee, with a hard g sound...and it is the martial arts uniform, k?) Glad that moment is over now! Thanks all for listening. Now we are on spring break for a the next week and a half...then back to work! Oh and as for the eating...things are going strong right now, I am journaling at home, even if I blow it for a meal, I still write everything down. I am very proud of that. But really, overall, things are going very good. Tina

4 comments:

SueAnne said...

You go girl! Hiiiiiyyyaaaaahhh!
SueAnne

Kristina said...

How cute are YOU?! Brave too for that matter. I don't think I'd have the courage to be in a class like that, especially if I'd have to be in the spot light and be doing my kata all alone.
Good for you girl!

Kristina

Chickadeeva said...

Wow - good for you!!!

If you can do that (spotlight Kata) then you are a cinch for really going for in that strength-producing skill! Focusing is such an important thing - and I think most of all I learned to focus in martial arts. :-)

Mom2the6Rs said...

You look so sweet, so young, such a girl! I feel so proud of you.

Jules