Sunday, March 26, 2006

I always lie on my drivers license....Accept once


Do you do this? On my driver's license, I always lie on the weight question. Well, almost always. In 2000, when I had lost 60 lbs., I told the truth, gladly. But otherwise, I always say 170 lbs. Even when I weigh 186 (wedding day) or 225 (9 months after baby #3). I was actually proud of myself this past December, after needing to replace a lost license, that I upped the weight to 200, even though I knew I weighed about 218! What a shmuck! What am I trying to do? Impress the officer? Convince him of my "innocence" when pulled over by lying on an official document? Geesh! Another way I would live in denial of my true weight dilemma.

The funny moment came when I realized that I now weigh LESS than the lower, untruthful weight I put on my license the last time! HA! The joke is on me! Feels good, this kind of untruth...I can't wait until next February when I have to renew it again...I will tell the truth to the actual pound. I will tell the truth and be proud of it! Silly ol me!

3 comments:

Paige said...

In CT you don't have to put a weight on your DL- Thank GOD!!!
You're right I would probably lie too, if I had to though...

Kristina said...

Okay, I am a liar as well. I don't think I've ever told the truth about my weight on my liscence. Well, maybe on my very first one as a teenanger and was in excellent shape. I may just have to get a new one in the months to come though. My face has really changed in appearance. I'd like a new one, I mean, there are quite a few people that ask for I.D. after all.

Lisa said...

A couple small points -

I'm with Paige. In Texas we don't put our weight on there and I am extremely thankful for that one.

Second, it actually can be more fun when they guess. When I got my last ticket, the officer guessed my weight and was off (under!) by about 15 pounds. That kind of takes the sting out of the citation.

I do lie about my weight, though. Constantly. It's funny though, now that I'm heavier, I just say what my weight used to be... But you can bet your boots it doesn't work in the other direction!