Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Pineapple overload!

Hello ladies-
Thought I would post a quick up-date. I have been on an emotional diet for about the last three weeks. I have really been cycling through my own thoughts, beliefs, worries etc. I have been asking myself why I always put me last on my to do list. Big questions hu? Being a stay at home mom and a homeschooling mom doesn't give me much time alone. I have just begun to realize the effect that pushing my needs aside has had on my body. TIME- is a huge factor. It takes time to care for oneself. MONEY- is another huge factor. How can I justify spending money on myself when things are so tight right now. So... I put things off, I sacrifice and what happens? When I see the Starbucks sign I think " ah, a latte', I deserve one of those. I have worked hard and I am going to reward myself" So, I go get the latte'. Now this is actually a form of self sabotage!!! By not celebrating ME on a regular basis with good choices (such as a trip to the spa, a massage, a girls night out etc..) I rebel against the voice that says I am not worth celebrating and give in to bad choices out of rebellion. Does that make sense?
So..... I have decided to celebrate all that I am. I have given myself a certain number of things that I get to do per month just for the heck of it. This isn't a celebration of weightloss, or a reward for having earned something. This is just self care. Even if it is a trip to the bookstore for two hours and one new book a month. Doing this has made me appreciate me more. I am showing me that I value ME. This has added great strength to my will power regarding weightloss. I am not thinking "I need to lose weight, or I should lose weight" I am thinking I am gaining my body back for me! How cool is that!
All this week I have been doing a liver cleanse. It has left me feeling very uneasy inside! I am not having fun with this at all!! However I have been told that a liver cleanse is a great place to start as far as weight loss goes as it is the main processor of fats and aids in their removal from the body. So, for the last few days, due to the complications of my liver cleanse, I have been eating nothing but pineapple! Only fruit the doctor said. So I am now on day 2 and 1/2 of fruit and water only. I must say that I am doing fairly well. I feel pretty good and I am glad to be cleaning out my system. I also think I may be turning into a pineapple. I do know that I will be ready to eat better when I am done with this. It is amazing how a fast of some kind can bring more awareness to you regarding food and what it does to you. I walked 5 miles on Monday and will do weights today. I will keep you all posted regarding the progress of this cleanse.
Celebrate yourselves today, just for being exactly who you are!
Jenny

4 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

YES and AMEN!

Jenny, these words are so powerful. We need to stop freaking out and start enjoying and loving and allowing. We always react so why not set ourselves up to react positively.

Your starbucks experience is just an example. YES! You work hard and YES you deserve it - but you do every day, every hour, not just when you crave a Latte :-)

So YES AND CELEBRATE!

Bickler3 said...

YEAH !! I am excited for you !! Keep it up !!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Jenny, what a well thought out, well articulated post! Way to go, woman. You are truly seeing what God wants you to see! You are worth it and you must fortify the heart of the home, the strength of each day, you are the pillar that holds up the balcony your children occupy! I think you are smart, and brilliant and amazing. Take back your body for you! You no longer need it to catch a fella, make a baby...just take care of it for YOU!

SueAnne said...

Thank you Jenny, for sharing...That is awsome:)
SueAnne