Sunday, March 26, 2006

A little about me



Ok, I am dressed in my new green spring top and my toeless sandals and it is cloudy and breezy and cold! Where is our sun? I am ready for change. I am ready to see more change in the weather and in my body. I am in my 12th week of my program, and I am not supposed to weigh in for 11 more days. I don't "know" what the scale says, and I wasn't blown away by results in the changing room at Ross on Friday, but I am determined, and as President Bush says, I am resolved, to see this thing through.

Things I love about this program are: The control it gives me. The guidelines. The feeling I get each time I work out at the Y. The consistency. I don't have to think, think, think about food and how I am doing. Wowwing myself daily on sticking with it. This blog. My Thursday meetings. Splenda. Fruit. Rice, rice, rice! Thai food. Peanut butter. Farm fresh eggs from Truman.

Here are some of my totals for the last few days:

Day 76: 1273 calories, 8 glasses of water, exercised
Day 77: 1068 calories, 8 glasses of water, exercised
Day 78: 1076 calories, 10 glasses of water, exercised
Day 79: 1325 calories, 8 glasses of water

Have a great day. And hey, it would be nice to hear from some of you who haven't checked in in awhile.

Jules

3 comments:

Paige said...

Jules, just one question... with Prism, how many calories are you supposed to be eating in a day??? The days where you're close to 1,000 seem really low to me... everything I've read says never to go under 1200-1300 because your body goes into starvation mode.
OF COURSE I'm not one to talk as I'm having a ton of trouble losing, but I just started using Sparkpeople.com and it helps me track my calories. I'm hoping that helps...

Randy said...

while I don't have any spring tops or shoeless sandals, I too am looking forward to the chnge in the weather, especially longer days!
I pray that God blows you away by His love and grace for you no matter what the scale or tags on the clothes say.
peace and joy, Rand

Mom2the6Rs said...

Thanks Randy! Blush, blush...There is just something so NICE when a guy sends you best wishes! God has been, and is being, so good to me. I just get focused on me to often. You can refer to the graphic I chose for this post if you have any doubts about that one.

Paige, I am supposed to eat in the 1000-1200 calorie range if I don't exercise. If I exercise 5 times a week, I can eat in the 1300-1500 range. I have chosen the target for myself of 1100-1300 range if I exercise, but don't quite make the big 5 day a week goal. That can be tough with my schedule. I also have a habit of not recording any veggies I munch on throughout the day. A big no no on the plan, but it is my "safe" rebellion. I figure if I grab a couple of carrot sticks or sugar snap peas, it won't hurt my weight loss goals at all. In fact, having it done in "secret" makes the not so apealing veggies seem a little more intriguing. Got to fake my brain out somehow. Ha! So on the days I am near 1000, consider that I have probably consumed 50-70 more calories in veggies, as well.

Jules