Wednesday, March 01, 2006

In the name of honesty

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week have been GREAT. I've done really good and made lots of good choices.

All due to a meltdown on Monday because up until then, I've really been cheating alot. Taking Friday "off" and letting "off" roll into the weekend. You can only lose weight for so long when you're only doing it 4 days out of the week. I've been kidding myself, but I'm the one who pays.

Monday I determined to do this full force. I'm doing real exercise, am allowed one indulgent meal per week (I already have this week's planned, it's a burrito on Sunday!), and must write everything down. I can do this. I have to.

Billy Blanks (from Tae Bo fame) of all people has given me my weight loss mantra. I do his Billy Blanks Basic Boot Camp video. For a basic video, it's intense. Anyway, in the abs part (the hardest part) he says "You're fighting for your life!" like only Billy can.

I'm fighting for my life.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That's why we're all on this blog. It's the honesty which will help us to get back on track to keep from allowing a 3-day a week break to become a 7-day a week break.

But it sounds like Billy is doing his part to get you back on the wagon!

Kristina said...

Paige,
I'm glad to hear that you've decided to go full force this week. Because really, and you know this, the one that you cheat the most is yourself.
Having a food journal keeps my honest. And it helps keep my fingers off of the chips and cake too. I have such a HUGE sweet tooth!
Anyhow, You know we're all here to back you. You and your Tae Bo booty. : )

SueAnne said...

Paige,
What is a "melt down"? You know... because I'VE never had one (YA- right!) Keep going girl friend. One, purposeful step at a time!
SueAnne

Mom2the6Rs said...

Paige, Honesty is the best place to start. We can be so honest with everyone but ourselves.

Journal, journal, journal, drink water, water, water. These two items, I swear, are the key to success.

We believe in you, girl! Have you weighed yourself and/or measured? That is a good, honest place to start as well.

Jules