Monday, March 13, 2006

Back in the saddle again...

Hello friends!
Just returning from women's retreat. Aaaaahhhh. Spiritual renewal...The Lord is so good.

HOWEVER. My food choices...........Could've been better, could've been worse.The busy-ness of the weekend made it difficult to write down and track everything, in fact I recorded nothing. I definately didn't consume enough water, and ate sweets that I would not have eaten sticking to my plan. However, there was still no binging and no overeating. I am not feeling defeated and like a failure, but I am happy to be back in my "structured" and "normal" life so that I can resume my journey. My last post listed a few things to enjoy with these good, lifestyle changes even when the scale is not budging. Today, let me refresh your memory on a few things that I don't miss.......

That lovely, bloated feeling when you have consumed too much sugar.

Sugar head aches and blood sugar "crashes".

A giant, painful gas bubble in your abdomen that won't go anywhere.

The taste of GAS-X

The not-so-sexy feeling I have when that gas bubble finally turns into flatulence!

Have a great week ladies!
SueAnne

2 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Funny stuff, SueAnne. Gas is not sexy...I agree. I seem to have trouble with it whenever I eat at a restaurant, even when I am eating leagal foods and foods I would create myself at home...hmm...I wonder what they are really throwing into my ceasar salad at Applebees?

Hey, good job on the weekend. If anything, it was a reminder of what sugar and bad things can do to a body.

Jules

Kristina said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a great weekend. And isn't it liberating that you don't have to be guilt ridden for having a few sweets. We are under grace, sister. I even induldged last night with our company and had some banana cream pie. And you know what? I didn't feel guilty at all. I've been working so hard, and been diligent about my diet. So once in a blue moon if I have something like that, I'm not going to condem myself.
And I must say SueAnne, that you have a great sense of humor. I'm glad that you're a part of this blog. : )

Kristina