Saturday, March 11, 2006

Going Strong...

... Despite all odds, it would seem!! I've been exercising, and eating well! I'm thrilled about that. There have been tough times- like late afternoon, when I'm home from work and dinner's not ready yet- I always used to snack at those times, but now I distract myself and wait patiently. Also when my mood is not the best it's hard not to try and find fattening and tempting things to dig in to. But I'm trying very hard to separate my emotions from my eating habits. I'm not perfect, but am getting there.

Even though I don't comment all the time, I'm reading the posts and am finding it incredibly encouraging. I'm not struggling through this alone, and if other people can lose I can too!!!

2 comments:

bodiski said...

It sounds like you are making good choices. It isn't easy. Sometimes I think I spend half my time "over thinking" about making good choices. I wish it came more naturally, maybe in time. Anyway, one way I handle snacks is to put 2 point snacks in a baggy in the morning. Not sure what plan you are on but in WW each point is about 50 calories. One thing I love is dried apricots - yummy! I put 6 of them in a baggy and when I'm starved I reach for my baggy. That way it's "legal" and you don't find yourself going back for more and more.

Keep "Going Strong" we are all there with you.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Paige, I have been popping over to your blog and reading. I read that you were up in weight after feeling like you were doing all the right stuff. Sorry about that, babe. You have a great attitude about it, though. Good job. Hey, on these exchanges and choices you are making, are you writing them down anywhere? Do you journal? That makes a big difference. It can keep you accountable and prove to yourself that you are making amazing choices. I even record the water I drink. It is such a high for me to check off the water as I guzzle it. It is a measurable thing I can do for myself. What if we had a scale that said when we stepped on it, "8 glasses of water drank today...vitamin taken...worked out for 30 min....etc"? Remember, that number is just one little piece to the puzzle.

Jules