Monday, March 20, 2006

Hiya


Hi there to all our newbies! Glad you are here to join our group. As for me, I am doing weight watchers, and I mostly pop in here to write down my food journal, it really helps me make some better choices. So here is today's stats:

Breakfast: honeydew melon and cottage cheese
Snack: banana
Lunch: huevos rancheros
Dinner: ww pasta w/ sauce, salad, english muffin
Snack: bowl of oatmeal w/ raisins
Desert: ice cream sandwich and later some carrots



I am very proud of the fact that I decided to measure my foods again. I was not doing that for the last few weeks again, thinking that "I got it" already. Well, I wasn't losing either. My brains measuring cup is WAY bigger than my real life one. Oh well...it was fun for a while! At least I did not gain anything...but I have been staying the same. So back to measuring all my food for serving sizes. It makes the food last longer too, there is another upside to it. On goes the battle. Oh and Paige, I did my FIRM workout today and I love them. They are wonderful workouts, although the girls are a bit "stepford wife"-ish - so if you can get past that (or laugh at it like I do when I watch them) then you will get a great workout. I also really love Winsor Pilates workouts...I do those not as regularly as the Firm, I feel like the workout is not as hard. But the reality is, I see more results from Pilates than I do from anything else. Gotta get past that feeling that I should be huffing and puffing more, or in a lot of pain, or sweating buckets etc etc etc :) Well ladies (and gentleman) keep up the good work!
Tina

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Hey Tina,
Glad to see you posting. : ) I think it's a good move to start measuring again. I know that if I tried to eye ball everything, and not actually measured, that my results would not be as good. We as humans have a way of fooling ourselves.

Kristina

Chickadeeva said...

I wanted to encourage you that some of the slower workouts are the more powerful workouts. Isolations work really well for me, but I can't run around my block.

Huffing and puffing is great for cardio workouts, but for building strong muscle, you can rest assured that slow and steady does also win the race!

Mom2the6Rs said...

I am so proud of you, for so many reasons, Tina. I am so glad we got to see each other today and talk about the core issues we are facing. You are so smart. I just love being around you.

Jules