Saturday, March 25, 2006

Okay, so, how much is too much?

Yesterday, and the day before too, actually, I drank SOOOO much water. In fact, I think that I drank more yesterday than any day ever. I had eighteen glasses, and I felt like I could probably drink more. There came a point in my water drinking that I actually felt thirstier the more that I had. Has that happenned to anyone else? Anyhow, can drinking too much be harmful to your body? I know when dieting it is essential to drink a lot. But I didn't want you guys to think that I'd totally gone overboard. So, is there anyone out there that has some input?

4 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

I found a couple of articles on this subject. Very interesting. You can google it. Here is one article: http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm

My grandma go this condition once...but she started out dehydrated. She was hospitalized because her sodium levels dropped so much.

Jules

Paige said...

I didn't read Jules' article, but I have heard there is a thing as too much water. Not something I'd know anything about, but anyway.. worth researching!

Chickadeeva said...

Kay, I didn't read it either, but flushing your body 'too' much is something I remember my mom saying too.

There is a type of bottled water the french women drink called "Comtrex" - what most women don't know is that water has a mineral that irritates the kidneys and makes them create more urine thus, less water weight.

So, there were these reports in France about how its important to have a steady, regular intake of water, but too much is hard on your kidneys and can strip you of some minerals.

SueAnne said...

Kristina,
I have heard that it is not good to drink more than two 8 oz glasses at a time, although I don't know how much time should pass in between.
SueAnne