Saturday, March 04, 2006

this darn bug...

Hey Ladies, I too have been dealing with the whole cold thing. Thursday afternoon I was hit by an exhaustion wave and within hours I knew I was on the brink of something. I left work early yesterday and just relaxed and found that I was craving things I associated with being sick. salteen crackers, popcicles and the like. I did good, just had soup without the crackers, had diet 7-up, and sucked on frozen strawberries, but I was really amazed at the cravings that came. I've only been on my plan for 15 days, and this was my first real cravings experience. When I was exhausted driving home on Thursday afternoon I thought, three weeks ago I would have gone directly to taco time and then got a blizzard to accompany my dinner. It was really insightful to recognize how I would deal with stress and try to deal with it in a different manner.
Last night I went to a friends house for dinner, a family I used to go to church with. I'm fairly certain I went over my calorie mark because the soup she made (which was delicious) had cream cheese and sour cream and butter in it (corn chowder). But I only had a bowl of that and a small salad with lots of water. What would you guys suggest doing in that situation. My priority in that situation was to avoid offending people I love dearly and don't get to see often. just one of those road blocks in this journey I guess.

4 comments:

Paige said...

I'd do exactly what you did- take a small portion of what's fattening, and try to load up on the good stuff- salad, water, etc.

Feel better!!

Mom2the6Rs said...

You did the right thing, girl. I would have done the same. Good for you!

Frozen strawberries...very creative substitution for a popsicle. So proud of you. Fifteen days has taught you so much about yourself.

Jules

SueAnne said...

I think you did great too. Relationships are still way more important than what goes in our mouths:)
SueAnne

Lisa said...

You did exactly the right thing. You can't structure your diet so that it interferes with things and people you love, but at the same time you have to realize that special occasions are exceptions and not let the exception become the rule. That you were thinking about all of this over the soup shows how committed you are to this, but realize that your commitment should occasionally come second to the feelings of good friends.

You handled yourself perfectly, and I hope you feel better soon!