Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Doing Good

Hi there,
I am doing good so far. I have been to the Y twice this week so far. I have done 30 min. On the "ELLI" each time. The calories that I am burning are getting higher every time. I hope to go two more times before Saturday. It is hard to make myself go to the Y but not hard to keep going once I am there. Also my stomach is not having the to full for comfort feeling anymore. That must mean that I am doing something right.
Also I can tell that when I am on the "ELLI" it is getting easier for me to breathe. I still pant, but I can tell that it is getting easier.
And my toes went numb 14 min. after I started the second time, rather than 4 min. like the first. Does anyone else's toes go numb while on the "ELLI"? Let me know. I have tried to loosen my shoes but does not seem to work very much. Any tips?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kimberly. You go girl. It's the little things that mean the most. You should journal a page with the "little things" that you've noticed.

As an example for me, I used to dread the turn style thing in the dark house at the zoo because I always worried that I wouldn't be able to fit (could on my tippy-toes...but not anymore, I can walk straight through) and also the "little" restroom stalls that I'd have to hover over the toilet so I could shut the door.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Try changing the angel of the ramp. Also, try adjusting where your foot is possitioned on the machine. It is getting better for me, so maybe it is a matter of getting used to it, or as we lose weight, it becomes less tingly.

Good for you.
Jules

~Jennifer said...

My toes go numb on the treadmill! They also hurt a lot. It's getting better, though. Last night the toes on my right foot (it's always the right foot) didn't go numb until 25 min. into my walk.

Kristina said...

Kimberly, that is excellent! Way to work that elliptical machine! : )
You know, sometimes my toes go numb too, it was mostly when I first started using it though. Hmmm...