Thursday, January 18, 2007

This girl be S-O-R-E! But a good kind of sore...

Willem and I had our orientation with one circiut of the weights last night. I don't know about the other YMCA's but ours is hooked up through the Fitlinxx system. Anyhow, the gal helped us set our range of motion, and made sure that we were in the proper postion, etc... It's so cool, because you punch in your ID#, and it automatically reminds you of the proper settings specifically for YOU. And it records how many weights you've lifted, it keeps a running total. Just like all of the cardio equiptment. I am totally digging being a member!
After close to an hour of weight lifting, I took my backside over to the treadmill and ran for a mile and a half straight. I even bumped up the speed a bit, to 5.4 MPH. My goal is to be able to get it up to 6 MPH. I'm hoping that within the next couple of weeks to be able to do two full miles in a row. Now remember, this is a girl that doesn't necessarily enjoy running. Or didn't use to. It's so different to me running on a treadmill. I think that it could actually be addicting. : ) ( I know, I must have a screw loose. )

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh how I love me some Fitlinxx! Be sure to check out their website though (www.fitlinxx.com) because you can set yourself up and see charts of what you've done and different stuff. So cool!

Kristina said...

I checked it out, and I signed up for the online thing too. It is very cool! Thanks!