Thursday, January 11, 2007

ARGH- has it been a few days, the minivan is busy

All our activities started back this week and I forgot how busy it is. I made it to the gym Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and done cardio for 30 minutes and Mon and Wed did the weight machines. Tonight we had a homeschool coop meeting so I am going to walk around the 'hood as soon as I can GET THESE KIDS TO BED!!

This week (Mon-THurs)I have eaten horribly. When I don't write it down, I overeat. I am committed to writing it down this week (Friday to Friday).

I have been having my quiet time each morning but it seems to be getting shorter and shorter. I am praying that GOd will get my kids to bed so I can get up earlier. I really do not want to have to get up at 6:30 since I am not and never have been a morning person. I do better at night. Maybe I will have a shorter start up time in the morning and then a longer study time at night.

You all can have to know how much this group means to me and how even when I did not want to post, I still read and was encouraged by you.

Peace, Amy

2 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Amy, I have been there with little, little ones. It is almost impossible to have the ideal "devotion" time. They always sense when we are up for the day and leap up to seek us, their mothers, their source of life. I think your idea of having a short morning time and a longer evening one is great. You could do prayer walks in the afternoon or maybe get a devotional book with more bite size pieces, like "Our Utmost for His Highest" or something which you could read at the lunch table. God doesn't expect a mother of three to be like his three disciples who were expected to wait up with him in the garden praying for an hour....he knows your life more than you, he gave it to you.

Love to you, and much Grace.

Jules

Lisa said...

Amy,

I'm sorry that you feel you haven't been eating well, but your dedication to exercise is awesome and, for most people, the hardest part about getting healthy. It's important to get the "me time" you need in order to enjoy and strengthen your relationship with Him, and I'll be praying for you to find that time when you can as I know that it does wonders for the soul.

Love,
Lisa

P.S. I sent you an email about getting together for the Revolution (Note to any member of the U.S. government monitoring these comments: No, not a revolution like THAT, do NOT update my FBI file) - I'm so excited!