Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Pleasant Surprise and a Quick Prayer Request

Tuesday morning I woke up and wandered to my closet to figure out what to wear to work. I grabbed a skirt from the back and a blouse and called it good. I bought this skirt in the same week as two others, off the internet, several years ago. One of the skirts fit perfectly and was so beautiful that I wear it pretty frequently (or at least once a month). The other two skirts were nice, but for some reason one I don't wear very often and the other was too small when I bought it and I simply didn't get around to returning it.

Monday, I grabbed the one that fit but that I don't wear very often. Or so I thought. Midmorning I found the tags still in it (on the inside - no one saw) and realized that I was in the skirt that was too small to wear when I got it.

Since I, like Kristina, have gained back some of the weight I lost (5 lbs. since September - *cringe*), this was a nice surprise. The even better part was that the skirt is extremely slimming (tan and chocolate tweed, pencil skirt).

So that's the good surprise.

My quick prayer request isn't at all an urgent (or really that important) thing but I feel like I could use all the help I can get. Over the past few months, I realized that I really need to go work for a different firm if I have any shot at staying happy being a lawyer and happy in general. Therefore, over the past few weeks I have been talking with people and sending out feelers about working elsewhere, regardless that the market is pretty tight for people who do what I do. If you happen to think of it, a quick prayer that an offer from somewhere else is in His plan for me would be much appreciated.

4 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Thanks for sharing, Lisa...prayers for a good possition for you. Happiness is very, very important in this life.


Jules

Chickadeeva said...

Hey, we are going to pray for just the right thing. Keep your eyes open - something is a-brewing even NOW! :-)

Amy Witt said...

Sending prayers down the pike. What kind of law do you do? My cousin is a lawyer in Dallas, commercial real estate but he was a public defender before that. (and he is cute and single and a Godly man FYI)

Tracy said...

I will be praying for you...