Wednesday, January 03, 2007

First night at the Y

I went to the Y last night. I don't have my orientation until tomorrow night so all I did was walk on the treadmill and attempt to do the elliptical. I walked for 30 minutes. Then saw my old SS teachers and talked to them for a few minutes. I watched the other people on the ellipticals and figured out how it works. I put my water in the special slot. Plugged in my headphones so I could hear the TV, started the program and lasted all of 3 minutes, 180 seconds, 5/100ths of an hour. Today I go for 5 minutes!!

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Amy, I'm so proud of you! Getting started is the hardest part. Please don't be discouraged about only doing the elliptical for a few minutes. Your stanima will increase, BELIEVE me! You just take it one work out at a time, and I know for a fact that you will reap the rewards.

Kristina

Chickadeeva said...

Hey - the Elipitical is hard! I am happy to hear you are ready to go back and get more time on. Don't give up :-)

Tracy said...

GOOD JOB.. that eliptical is HARD!! Just keep pushing your self and before you know it you'll be like those ones that are running on it for an hour.

Mom2the6Rs said...

The eliptical is hard at first...the first time I got on it, I could only do 5 minutes...now I am up to 45. Give youself time, start on the bike or treadmill and work up to a higher fitness level.

Proud of you, girl!
Jules

SueAnne said...

You GO girl! Persevere friend. This is your time!
SueAnne