Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I've been tearing up the elliptical at the Y!

Yesterday when I went to the Y, I was able to do the elliptical machine for forty minutes again, and this time I even burned a few more calories than before. I knocked out a solid 550 calories. Then I did twenty minutes of weights. Let me just say, that after the last couple of days, I am sore. But it feels so goooood! AND... I am down exactly five pounds from last Wednesday. Before you get too excited though, I must confess that I had gained an entire eleven pounds over the holidays. I was depressed and eating VERY badly. I've been too ashamed to admitt my gain, but I figure that if I was open with you guys, that I'd be able to get the support that I needed.
It's so weird, one of the things that was depressing me was the fact that I was eating poorly. So what did I do? I continued to eat poorly, because it was temporarily comforting me. Only to be left feeling ashamed. It's a vicious cycle at times. Well, I'm back on track now. I'm eating right, and I'm ready to excercise my guts out! I AM going to get down to 150 pounds this year. Even if it takes a while, I AM going to do it.

8 comments:

Paige said...

Kristina,
Good for you for being honest. That's the hardest thing- it was hard for me too. But it keeps us in reality-check, and allows us to move from there. And moving you are!! Good for you. I think this will be the year. :)

Mom2the6Rs said...

Honey, honey...I wish you would have shared earlier, but I can totally understand. It is hard to get back on track, especially when everyone expects perfection out of you, since you totally rocked last year... I am so proud of all you have accomplished! Good for you, getting back on the down side of the scale. You are half way to your point of "triumph" and then you will pass it and move right along to the 150's baby! I believe in you...now that you are at the Y, I think you are going to see some remarkable results.

Jules

Kimberly B. said...

Kristina
Sometimes when we don't tell the truth we tend to believe the lie. If that makes any sense. Thanks for sharing. You are my inspiration no matter what. Keep up the remarkable work.

Lisa said...

Kristina,

I'm the same way. I sort of fell by the wayside in September and since then have gained back five pounds. You're not alone.

Like Jules said, no one expects you to be perfect. Everyone loves you just as you are, and is incredibly proud of you, but no one would think less of you if there were periodic setbacks - you've already accomplished so much.

Each of us is here to comfort you when you are feeling down or like you have failed (and we have fewer calories than chocolate), so please don't ever feel bad letting us know what's going on.

For what it's worth, I have every confidence that you will meet your goal this year. Stay strong and remember we are here for you!

Lisa

Chickadeeva said...

Ok, I was her room mate so I can tell ya she ain't perfect.

But she's close.

What makes her close is that she's willing to admit her weaknesses, which makes her REALLY STRONG too!

Girl, I believe in you. I think its also easy after losing so much weight to think that a pound or five isn't a big deal.

In the scope of things, it really isn't - but if your goal is to get to 150, then it will cramp your style not to eat towards the goal.

You are so smart to know what your system for comforting is too. While others who have a shopping weakness end up with credit card debt, you end up with poundage, and not in the English money way :-)

I'm sure you'll be back banging out the awe inspiring cheers soon.

To get you warmed up:

RAH RAH RAH - SIS BOOM BAH!
WHO IS THE GREATEST?
KRIS TEEEN AHHHHH!

Kristina said...

Thanks for all of the support guys! And Elicia, I LOVED the cheer! You put a smile on my face. : )
BTW, thanks for the encouraging letter E. Love you.

Amy Witt said...

Your honesty is wonderful for me as I tend to think everyone else is doing so great and I am the only one who struggles. YOu are so strong and I know that elliptical will get you back going in the right direction. I know it has been great for me. You are so capable and able to do whatever you set your mind to.

Tracy said...

Way to get back there and start kicking tail again.