Friday, January 26, 2007

Who Is This Person?

Hi, remember me?

I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that after a quick descent into a weird funk, I'm back and blogging, and once again easing into a new commitment to lose weight and get in shape.

I've gained more weight, and is it bad that I don't want to post what it was the last time I looked at the scale? I weighed myself last week, decided I had to do something and really commit to losing the weight this time, and then I put the scale away. I plan to weigh myself again in the beginning of March and I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I've been writing a bit about it over at my blog too. Here's a little excerpt about a book I'm reading since it might be of interest to some of you:

I've started reading a book about food cravings and what they really mean. It's called Constant Craving; What Your Food Cravings Mean and How to Overcome Them by Doreen Virtue, Ph.D. I'll write more about that tomorrow, but let me just say that in the first two pages of the introduction the author echoed an insight that I have recently had about why I overeat. So, stay tuned. Maybe it will be a light bulb moment for you too.

1 comment:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Wow, Jennifer, it sounds like you are really facing some big truths in your life. Way to go! Keep us updated and I hope this blog can be there for you and that you feel that you have a soft place to fall.

Jules