Monday, January 22, 2007

.2

I was up .2 this week. This may be a mistake, but I'm going to switch things up a bit. I think I'm going to increase my calories a little and see what happens. This is planful and thought out. I'm adding one carb and two proteins each day, which I think will put me about between 1500 and 1800 calories a day. I'm frustrated with the gain so soon into losing again, but I'm not letting it stop me!

Here's the numbers:
Monday, Jan 15: 1755 calories, 11 glasses water, exercise
Tuesday, Jan 16: 1100 calories, 16 glasses water, exercise
Wednesday, Jan 17: 1530 calories, 15 glasses water, exercise
Thursday, Jan 18: 1588 calories, 16 glasses water, exercise
Friday, Jan 19: 1439 calories, 16 glasses water, exercise
Saturday, Jan 20: day off
Sunday, Jan 21: 1587 calories, 12 glasses water
Monday, Jan 22: 1197 calories, 13 glasses water, exercise

Re: the day off. I am going to take one day off a week. No calories, no diabetic exchange. I have to do this for the rest of my life, no more weeks/ months "off". That set me back in a bad way. My theory is that one day off may help keep the need to go completely batty at bay. I did good on my day off- not all of my choices were great, definitely, but I didn't eat completely out of control, either. It helps me day to day- I think, "Well, I can have that on my day off". By the time it comes, maybe I won't need/ want it anymore.

We'll see how things go!

2 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Paige - your day off plan is smart because it allows you some room to be who you are!

I love your idea too about 'maybe when I get to the day, I won't want it' because you're probably right.

I've heard about some people who give up smoking do better when they have a carton of cigarettes in their freezer so that if the REALLY HAD TO they could have access to the cigarettes. They DON'T, but it keeps them from jonesing and running out to the local 7-11.

Lisa also figured out if she put something she liked in the freezer she'd have to wait until it totally thawed before she got to eat it - which is really not worth the bother - by the time its thawed the craving has passed.

I'll bet you have similar success :-)

Keep it up - We are proud of you!

Kimberly B. said...

Good for you Paige. I just started yesterday and it was a little tough around night time. But you do seem to keep good record of your calories and water intake. As Julie says don't loose the hope. YOU CAN DO IT!