Monday, January 15, 2007

Ok...I am REALLY starting this time..

Hi everyone,
This past week has been a wash. I ate everything I could get my hands on and still half the time felt like I could eat more! I don't know what happens to me the week before my period, but I feel like a bottomless pit and half insane. Oh well, I can't cry over spilled milk. What's done is done. I am feeling like myself today, no more insanity. Thank God! I watched a couple of shows last night on the Discovery channel about people and their struggle to lose weight. One was particularly interesting because it had a girl on it that not only was shaped like me but had some of the same road blocks that I have. Her problem (and mine) was when she was good, she was perfect but if she messed up even a little, she felt such failure that she would binge. Boy do I know that cycle all to well! They set up an action plan for her that included a livable eating plan, exercise and being good to her self. That is the one I zoomed in on. Give myself a mental break. Well anyways, after watching the shows and knowing there are other people out there that have started, failed and started again as many times as me; gave me encouragement. So once again, I am starting the week with brushing off my knees. Getting refocused. I spent last night planning my day's menu and counting the calories. I'm going to get 10,000 steps in today on my pedometer and I am going to do aerobics after dinner. I will accomplish losing weight and getting healthy. I don't care how many times I have to fall and get up again. Because I know there is going to be that day when I brush off my knees and everything falls into place and clicks. Whatever road blocks (mental)I had in the past will be gone and I will be able to move forward with out constant drama. This is my hope and why I don't give up. Everyone have a great day and a successful week.
Smiles,
Kimiko

5 comments:

Amy Witt said...

Oh girl, you are so getting there. Knowing is half the battle. Doing something about it is the other half. You are so worth not giving up.

This week I thought about where I would be in a year if I did nothing about my weight and it really scared me.

I talked to my OB about the insanity I was having before my period and she was able to help me. It should not be so crazy.

Keep on keeping on!!

Paige said...

Kimiko,
Good for you!! You're definitely on the right track - you CAN do this!
~Paige

Kristina said...

You can do it Kimiko, I KNOW that you can! One day at a time, that's all you have to work with. I believe in you!

kimiko said...

Thanks you all!

SueAnne said...

I am so glad you are not giving up! It"s a marathon! Pick yourself up and go again!
SueAnne