Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Minivan Report

I have to second what Kristina said about the Y. We joined for Christmas and I have been going at least 3 times a week sometimes more. My kids are happy and safe in the KidWatch room and I get to spend an uninterrupted 1 1/2 hour with my headphones on. Sometimes I am watching Oprah, sometimes the news and sometimes listening to my iPod.

It is so therapeutic and I find I am a better wife and mother.

I am doing good with eating right and exercising but I find with adding the exercise, I have to give up something else and my computer time is what gets left off. As for now, I get up and spend time with the Lord each morning, sometimes by myself and sometimes with a little guy and his sippy cup. I am exercising Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursday and Saturday at the Y.

I am following the Weight Watchers points as it is what I know the best. I am eating when I am hungry and not overeating. I am drinking water. I realized I was not counting the herbal tea I was drinking so the days I thought I was not getting in all my water, I actually was. YEA!!

I have not really talked about it with my friends around here as I really want to be firmly set in my ways before I talk about it too much. I am just going to wait for them to notice and then I can share with them what I am doing. My time with the Lord has been such a vital part of my succeeding this time around. When I don't have that time with Him, my day just does not go as well as when I do have my time.

I am just so glad to have you all .

2 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Wow, Amy...your whole life has changed since I met you online. You have the daily life of a healthy, spirit filled, loving woman who takes care of herself as well as those who need her most. I am so proud of you, I can't put it into words. If I have had any influence at all in your life this year, I feel grateful to God for allowing me to be apart of his plan for your transformation. I have been enriched and challenged by your faithfulness. Thank you and let me just say, a job well done, Amy, a job well done!

Love, Jules

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to see examples of how taking care of ourselves first (spiritually, mentally, physically) is SO beneficial to our families also!!! Keep up the good work!