Wednesday, January 03, 2007

You can do it!

That is what I keep telling my self. "Kimiko, you can do this! You have accomplished every other goal you have set out to do in your life, this shouldn't be any different." Yes, the goal of getting healthy shouldn't be any different from any other goal in my life but it is. I have never fallen down and gotten back up so many times! I was so encouraged by Elicia's comments on the New Years Revolution post. I wasn't going to attend the event because I put back on 8 of the 30 pounds I lost in 06. I was also feeling a bit sorry for myself because I didn't reach my goal of getting out of the 200's before the end of the year. I need you ladies something bad! I really don't want to fail. Failure to me would be to quit and go back to my old habits. I stumbled at the end of the year but I am not ready to concede this battle as of yet. I am journaling again, drinking at least 120 ounces of water a day, and I am doing my aerobics tape in the morning. I know if I just keep putting one foot in front of the other I will eventually make my destination. It's just taking so dang long! My goal this year is to lose 50 pounds by 11/1. That is only 5 pounds a month. I think I could do that. I really need to do this. My husband and I want to start trying to conceive by November. I am a bit empty. Please give me a hand, a prayer, a encouraging word until I can stand firm on my own. Thank you ladies. I wouldn't have lost the first 30 (22) pounds without you.
Smiles,
Kimiko

6 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

What came to my mind, Kimiko, was your need for a visual cheerleader....something you could glance at (other than the scale) and see your faithfulness. I thought about the idea of getting a mason jar or a pretty see through vase and before you go to bed each night, if you have stayed "on program" you could throw in a marble or a stone or something small, but 3D. Then the next morning, and throughout the day, you could see your accomplishments in plain view. Maybe you could even throw in a marble each time you overcome a big temptation or each time you work out...then on the days when you feel like you are not doing anything or are "failing" you can look at that jar and see your faithfulness....

It was a JC visionary moment...take it and use it if you desire.

Love to you, sister.
I am with you! I believe in you!
Jules

Amy Witt said...

I believe in you kimko. Praying for you. I know you can do it.

SueAnne said...

You CAN baby! Don't give up. We fail if we give up!
SueAnne

Lisa said...

Oh, Kimiko, you and I are so much on the same page it makes me laugh a little. I think everyone has slipped, and climbed, and slipped--on and on through all of this. I think we do all need each other, though for a simple reason - there isn't a single person here who doesn't love you and who wouldn't be ABSOLUTELY THRILLED to see you succeed.

I'm pulling for you and ready to cheer you on! Here's to a magnificent 2007!

kimiko said...

Thank you so much for all the encouraging comments. I think I do need a "visual cheerleader" as Julie put it. I am going to do her idea. I think it will help to see all the things I am doing well and not just the areas where I stumble. Today is a better day. The day has just started and I have already accomplished my areobics and 26 ounces of water. I will give my self 1 pretty stone for every positive thing I do today to work towards my goal. Thanks guys!
P.s. Julie, your new picture is beautiful!

Tracy said...

Kimiko I am so excited to see you back. I know that we all have had our share of ups and downs. The important thing is we come back and face our mistakes and try again. Sooner a later we make it. I don't know about you but it has taken a while for all this weight of mine to sneek on and I have come to terms that it is going to take awhile to get it all off.
I knew we were alot alike as my husband and I are trying to have our 2nd baby. We have been trying for almost a year and it is discouraging. My doctor tells me one of the best fertility is for me to lose weight.
I am glad you are back!!!