Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A great report from the Y!

Last night I had my fitness annalysis, where they weigh you, measure your fat, with this little do-hicky that actually pinches your skin a bit. They test your flexibility, your strength, and your heart rate recovery after doing some cardio. I guess I should start with where I need the most help, which is my body fat. They gave me a fair, to poor rating. I didn't see the actual number, but I saw the range. I wasn't discouraged though, because I know where I was at a year ago. At my highest, my body fat was at 44.2%. But the last report from Curves, I had gotten it down to 34.2%. A whole 10% change. Which is still very high, but certainly better. My flexibility was fair, but my heart rate recovery after doing some cardio, was in the 94th percentile, and my strength was in the 99th percentile.

After my annalysis, I went and had a serious workout. I did a solid 55 minutes of cardio. 25 minutes on the elliptical, and then I ran for a straight 20 minutes on the treadmill! Yippee! I walked for five minutes before, and five minutes after I ran. Talk about feeling encouraged. I was hoping to just be able to run for 15 minutes last night, but I somehow managed to make it to 20. This girl is gonna get into shape!

5 comments:

Kimberly B. said...

Way to go Kristina. You seem to really enjoy the Y. I do as well, I just need to make it more of a habit. I am very proud of you making such be efforts and always being honest about your numbers, eventhough it may be hard. But we are all friends here, right? Great Job.

Mom2the6Rs said...

yippeee!!!!

Amy Witt said...

I still wish your Y were near my Y!! I love the fact that what I was doing at home sitting on my BOR (big ole rear) was watching TV and now I just take my headphones, plug them into the machine and do the same thing and walk away that BOR.

What great numbers. I think that heart rate stuff is so important!!

Paige said...

20 minutes!?!?!?! WOW good for you! You're rocking and rolling Kristina, it's awesome to see!

Kristina said...

Thanks for the encouragment girls!