Thursday, January 04, 2007

Check it out - what does 200 calories look like?

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-200-calories-look-like.htm


When you consider that an entire plate of broccoli contains the same number of calories as a small spoonful of peanut butter, you might think twice the next time you decide what to eat.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the average adult needs to consume about 2000 - 2500 calories to maintain their weight. In other words, you have a fixed amount of calories to "spend" each day; based on the following pictures, which would you eat?

3 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

cool...I eat Peanut butter every day (almost). I like to include high calorie, fat enriched foods because they add flavor and keep me satisfied longer. I just am very careful how much I consume. I love eggs, butter, cheese, sourcream, avacado, and beef. I just surround these fatty foods with an abundance of veggies and whole grain carbs....I don't feel deprived with these rich foods in my diet. Works for me.

Jules

Mom2the6Rs said...

Let me be clear, though. I do not include anything deepfried, chicken with skin on it, or any sweets (no sugar). I don't eat anything with breading on it or white flour products. Anyway, that is my plan.

Love, Jules

Tracy said...

good to know! It is good to have a visual of some of those BAD items.