Sunday, January 28, 2007

Checking in

Hello Ladies,
Today was a good day. I got a 90 minute walk in and stayed within my calorie limit. I drank water but could have drank more. I have been practicing seeing my self losing weight. 5 pounds, 20 pounds and more. It might sound kind of strange but the more I visualize my success and I seem to be more motivated to stay within my calorie limit and to get exercise at least 4 days a week.

I am still waiting to receive a letter from my son with his address at boot camp so I can write him. For those of you who know Phil, he had been thinking about the military off and on for the past 5 years. He was talked out of military several different times then he had decided to go to college and the day before classes started last fall he withdrew. He went back and forth with different branches of the military before he settled on the Marines. Then he had some medical issues , so it looked like he wasn't going to be accepted and then after months of back and forth stuff, they suddenly accepted him and shipped him out the next day. I barely had time to say good bye. I miss him a lot. But I know it is time for him to spread his wings. So for those who know Phil and would like to drop him a note or two of encouragement while he is in boot camp, let me know and I will forward you his address when I get it. Have a good week everyone.
Smiles,
Kimiko

3 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Oh, honey, I think you and Kristin are the first of our friends to experience empty nest syndrome. Not that I want to label it a "syndrome", but I do sympathize with your mother's heart. You should be so, so proud of your young man. Serving our country is a brave thing at anytime in history, but even more so in the state of our world today. What a wonderful man you have raised. God knew, didn't he? God knew just what Phil needed...you.

Love to you, sweet mother who is missing her boy.

Jules

kimiko said...

Thanks Jules, what a sweet thing to say.

Bickler3 said...

I can't wait to send him a pacakage and let him know we all love him and are so proud of him! You did a GREAT job raising him...He's a good man ! I wish we could have sent him off...but we will be there to welcome him home !