Thursday, August 31, 2006

Drink ME!


I was in Bartells the other day and saw this sun tea maker. While I love sweet tea, its too much sugar and the caffine robs me of the water I think I'm getting when I drink it.

So, I decided to just put water in - no teabags - and make it a goal to drink as much of it as I can, refilling it with the Brita filtered water.

So far just psychologically its working. When I walk by it and the sign says, "Drink Me" it reminds me to go ahead and full up my glass.

I've also given myself permission to fill up more than one glass. It seems like when I go into my office, I'll see a mostly empty water glass. I tell myself, "Go ahead and finish it". So, I do. Even if I have three glasses in three stations around the house at different levels, the important thing is
I AM MAKING OPPORTUNITIES TO SUCCEED.

Which leads me to ask - what other things are you ladies doing that make it easy to succeed?

9 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

A regular Alice in Wonderland....nice idea, Alice! Ummm, my big water trick it that everytime I get done emptying my bladder, I march to the sink and drink down another 12 oz. That seems to work like a dream. Also, if I have to drive somewhere that is 20 minutes away or longer, I make it my goal to finish a 16.9 oz. bottle of water before I get there. This is helpful.

Jules

Tracy said...

great ideas ladies!!!!!

Kristina said...

Well, I've printed out a couple of photos where I was at my heaviest weight, just to remind myself of where I have been. That helps keep me on the straight and narrow. I NEVER plan on revisting the size 2x!!!

Amy Witt said...

The tea pitcher is so cute and such a great idea. I have the various water glasses method also. I fill them up throughout the day and they are left around the house. Not because I mean to, I just forget where I put them. When I find them, I drink them.

I also keep my devotional books and Bible by my chair and will not let myself do anything else until I have started my day with some reading and a large glass of H2O.

Amy Witt said...

The tea pitcher is so cute and such a great idea. I have the various water glasses method also. I fill them up throughout the day and they are left around the house. Not because I mean to, I just forget where I put them. When I find them, I drink them.

I also keep my devotional books and Bible by my chair and will not let myself do anything else until I have started my day with some reading and a large glass of H2O.

Amy Witt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kimiko said...

I have 30 ounce sip bottle that I drink in refill all day. It helps to have the straw. For some reason I can drink more water if I am sucking it through a straw than guzzeling from a cup. Because the bottle holds so many ounces and yet fits in my car cup holder I can take it with me where ever I go and I only have to drink 5 of them to have my goal accomplished for the day.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Funny, Kimi, straws defeat me....I have a much easier time guzzling than sipping.

We are all so different, don't you think?

Oh, and Kristina, that is a great idea about printing out the pics. I have been thinking about doing the same thing. Kind of making a brag book of sorts.

Jules

TawniB said...

You should be bragin Jules!! I still drink I ice tea alot, but I get the decaf and use splenda !