Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Weekly Weigh In

Just got home from WW and I lost 2.7 this week. We started school this week too. (I homeschool 6 year old twins.) I have been praying a lot more and have had a quiet time most days this week. I have been giving God control of my food and my appetite. He is taking away the cravings for food when I am angry, tired, lonely, bored, sad, and afraid. Sometimes it is tough to feel these feelings instead of stuffing them down with sugar, starch and fats. Old habits die hard. Some of these feelings are pretty intense. As I am learning how to feel them again, I am turning to God as my Comforter. It is amazing how I use to feel like this all the time. It is nice to be sane and in control of my feelings. It is so freeing and refreshing. I have not felt like this in a LLLLOOONNNGGGG time.

From the reading I have been doing to help me better understand my problems with food, I know I am compulsive overeater. I am reading a wonderful book called Holy Hunger by Margaret Bullitt-Jonas. It is about one woman's journey through food addiction and compulsive overeating. I so identify with some of her experiences. I am also reading the books of James and Philippians during my quiet time. Life is good. God is in control and I am not!!!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Amy, I'm just so happy for you. And I'm thankful for your victories, I feel like I'm sort of sharing them with you.
Just keep doing what you're doing girlfriend! I'm proud of you!

Kristina

SueAnne said...

Amy,
That is so great. You sound so peaceful. I know all days won't be so peaceful, but you sound like you are on the permanent road to victory instead of just taking a ride on the weight gain/loss roller coaster. Way to go on the 28 pound loss!
Another devotional I have found helpful is "Thin Within". It is really good. Receiving God's grace! It is amazing! He never condemns us:)
You go girl!
SueAnne

Mom2the6Rs said...

Way to go, Amy, girl! I am glad you have found a place of peace and rest with the Savior. Great job on the weight loss side of life and welcome to a new AO year! I was hoping to start this month, but it is not going to happen for us. Too busy with wrapping up summer right now. But I did put together my crazy schedule for fall. Holy cow, these kids own my life. I will be busy, full tilt from 6 AM (or so) to 3:15. I have a junior high kid this year as well as a new Kindergartner who is banging down my door to get a crackin at this learning stuff.

Geesh. Pray for me.
Jules

Lisa said...

Amy,

I know everyone tells you this, but I don't think I have - I am incredibly proud of you. When I first "met" you through this blog, you seemed to be approaching this journey burdened - with doubt, with guilt, with the road ahead, I don't know - but now you seem a lot lighter than the pounds you have lost. Turning all of this over to Him has done well for you, but I think most of the change has come from seeing that you can do this and seeing how far you have come. *End of Lisa's squishiness.*

Way to go!
Lisa