Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Checking in

Hello Ladies,
I am so encouraged by all the success everyone has had over the last week. Congratulations! We are not quitters and if we fall down we get back up! We will make all of our individual goals as long as we continue to put one foot in front of the other. I have good news. I have been working out so hard, staying within my calories (most times) and drinking my water. However, it seemed like my weight loss was happening at a snail's pace. My goal for last week was to lose 1 pound. I would have been ecstatic if I could just do that. So when I weighed myself today I was doing the hallelujah dance! I lost 3 more pounds! For a total of 10 lbs since August 1st and 26 pounds since the beginning of the year. My hard work is finally beginning to pay off. Getting out of the 2oo's before the end of the year is now looking attainable. Thank you for all the support. I don't know if would have pressed on during the times I was discouraged if it wasn't for all the uplifting and encouraging comments I have received from you all.
Smiles,
Kimiko

4 comments:

Paige said...

WOW on 10 pounds in a month, and 3 in a week!! That's fantastic, you're clearly doing something right (and sticking with this while going at a snail's pace is NO small feat!).

Neither is 26 pounds lost! That's awesome, keep up the good work!

Chickadeeva said...

Kimi - that's great! It sounds like your plan is working, and your working is well planned!

Don't look too much at the weight loss if you can help it. True, it is the way to measure your health goal, but it isn't the REAL STORY of what your body is doing.

In any case, I'm really excited for you!

Kristina said...

Kimi,
That is so exciting! Already 10 pounds this month?! And to lose three whole pounds in one week, how very encouraging!

Keep up the good work!

Kristina

Mom2the6Rs said...

That's my girl! I am picturing that photo of us on our way to the ballet...won't it be nice to meet up with those skinny chicks again??

Proud of you!
Jules