Saturday, August 19, 2006

Sneakin' In

I snuck in and changed my weight-loss counter, but I couldn't sneak back out without saying hello. My weight is very slowly on the decline, so my ticker needed changing. I'm still making bad food choices, but I've noticed that those bad choices happen when I put off grocery shopping. I need to set a day of the week aside for groceries and make it non-negotiable because when we start running out of healthy choices I start turning to convenient foods like pizza, polish sausages, dinner out at our favorite Mexican restaurant, and stuff like that. When I do that my weight loss halts and even turns into weight gain.

I've joined Mel, over at The Amazing Shrinking Mom, on her exercise streak, and after I walk today that will make five days of exercise in a row for me. It's probably the only reason my current food indulgences have only stopped my weight loss instead of reversing it. I'm doing some grocery shopping today too, so tomorrow is a new day!

4 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Way to go! I'm proud of you. Keep on keeping on!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Hi, Jennifer! So glad you are still with us! I am glad you found another site to help you on the excersize end of things...I will have to check that out.

Good job on the weight loss. Keep working on the areas that have a hold of you.

Jules

Lisa said...

Hey Jennifer!

My shopping day is Sunday, and Sunday evenings I cook enough to fill the fridge for the week. It really does help!

Congrats on the losing. Keep it up!

Lisa

Melodee said...

Congratulations on the exercise streak! I'm on Day 8, myself! (My husband is trying to catch up with me, but he only gets to three days before he gives up!)

I make sure I always have stuff I can eat around. Otherwise, bad things might happen!