Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I actually did some jogging last night!

Well, walk/jogging anyways. I told you about that nifty trail near my home in a prior post. Anyhow, It's a three mile trail, so when I bring the family, we just do about 2 1/2 miles of it. And last night, I brought my four year old, and pushed him in the stroller. I walked at a rapid pace for the first 3/4 of a mile, ( they have markers every 1/4 mile). And then I thought, hey, I want to see if I can jog for a whole 1/4 mile... and I did, and I felt great! So then I walked for another half mile, and tried it again, and sure enough, I was able to make it for another 1/4 of a mile! I was so excited. I've not jogged in SOOOOO many years. So then I walked like another 1/2 mile I think, and was able to finish up the last quarter mile jogging. I was so proud of myself. And I was so hot and sweaty. But I did it, I did it!
I may have lost a lot of weight so far, but 185 pounds is still a lot of weight to be pounding the pavement with! I'd like to get to the point where I can walk a 1/4 mile, and then jog 1/4 mile, and perhaps eventually even jog the WHOLE thing. Wouldn't that be amazing? I am just so motivated to get into great shape. This goes so far beyond any High School reunion, which as you know, has already come and gone.

7/29: 1,450 calories, 15 glasses of water, workout
7/30: 1,449 calories, 12 glasses of water
8/1: 1,349 calories, 14 glasses of water, workout + walk in pm.
8/2: 1,494 calories, 14 glasses of water, workout+ walk/jog in pm.

7 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Happy jogging, wonder woman! Good for you, babe! You keep challenging yourself more and more. That is so healthy! You are a fantastic, vibrant woman and you are setting the bar high here at WAIWMIWLI!

POY!
Jules

~Jennifer said...

Wow! You've inspired me (not sure if I'll get up off my butt just yet, but I AM inspired. ;-))

There is something very appealing about making my body stronger and more fit. I'm not sure why I let the fatigue and laziness of the moment win out over the desire to change and be stronger, but I do that almost every single day.

Good for you!

Chickadeeva said...

Ew, I'm not interested in jogging at all, so if you can do it, so much the better!

I like walking, and The Dog Whisperer is helping me to realize I must walk my dogs more regularly. That'll help!

I am so impressed with you!

Paige said...

UGH jogging!! That's awesome. It's so great reading about how active you are becoming- more and more so! I'm so impressed.

Amy Witt said...

What an accomplishment. I have not jogged since I was in high school. I too want to get the weight off so I can do it in a healthy way without killing my knees.

I am glad you have a new challenge now that the reunion is over. So many people aim for a big event and when it is over, go back ot the old ways. Keep on keeping on.

Pink Slippers said...

Jogging! How wonderful! The incredible shrinking woman does it again!

kimiko said...

Isn't the sense of accomplishment great?! Good job Kristina.
Smiles
Kimiko