Monday, August 28, 2006

Sugar Doc report

I forgot to update you ladies (I updated my other blog!). Fasting insulin should be under 17, ideally under 14. At my last Sugar Doc appointment, my insulin came in at a whopping 59. He was talking meds etc if I didn't do something, and fast.

This week??? My insulin was 14. This was huge. He still wants it lower, so if I don't get it down by my next appointment in November, we may still do Metformin. However, I'm planning to work my butt off and hopefully I'll get it down.

At the doctor, he told me I had lost 12 pounds. I kind of laughed and was like, "look again". It was a clerical error, and he realized I had lost 22 pounds (by their scale).

It was so nice to be at a doctor's appointment where I wasn't being lectured or told what was wrong with my body. It felt really, really good. I plan to keep those up.

3 comments:

Amy Witt said...

Way to go Paige. What great news. Here is to bringing the number down even lower!!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Paige, This is outstanding news! And I so know what you mean about feeling triumphant at the doctors. When I went in for my cholesterol check, my weight was down about 30 + pounds...it felt good to wow the Dr. and make the nurse do a double take at the scale!

Way to go!

Jules

Pink Slippers said...

way to go! That must have felt great, I am so happy for you. Keep it up and tell them where they can stick their metformin!