Saturday, August 19, 2006


Last photo from my trip to Hawaii....I just wanted to show you folks that I was able to surf again today with my husband. He got up over and over again, and I was very proud of him.

While my board was really slippery (even with wax) I did manage to get up a time or two...just not as much or as far as Ernie.

My reason for posting is not to show off (much) but more to show how proud I am of my ability to surf. Its a big deal for me. When I was here in June, I told myself I wanted to do better the next time, so I did a bunch of weight work and strength conditioning.

It WORKED! I was able to paddle and surf for MUCH longer this time and I was so happy.

All that to say - keep up towards your goals - small and big - because it works girls, IT WORKS!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Elicia, I'm so happy for you! (And jealous too). I wanna go to Hawaii.

But really, it's cool to see that just since June, how much more surfing that you were able to do. : )

Amy Witt said...

I just want to know the secret of Hawaii twice in one summer. I hope to get there once in a lifetime.

Congrats on the surfing. It looks so invigorating and a total natural high.

All the work really paid off.

Mom2the6Rs said...

I right clicked that sweet pic and saved it! What sweet people, you guys deserve all the fun in the world. Welcome home to sunny Seattle! We are having a heat wave, baby!

Jules