Wednesday, August 09, 2006

How many calories to reach your goal?

I discovered an online tool that will help you determine how many calories you should take in each day to reach your weight goals by a certain date. The tool takes in account age, height, current weight, activity level and the date you want to be at your next goal. If your desire is too aggressive it will let you know that too. I hope it helps someone. I can't remember how to provide a link directly to the sight but here is the web address: www.calorie-count.com You will want to select the "allowance" button. Have a great day!

P.S. If someone could write me back with quick instructions how to link sites with a post I would appreciate it! Thanks.

Smiles,
Kimiko

4 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Kimiko, on your posting form, there should be a little icon, a few icons away from the photo one, that will allow you to place a web address within your post. First you highlight the text you want to be the linking words, then you click the icon and paste the address there.

Jules

Mom2the6Rs said...

That calorie count website is also a great rater of food. If you look up calories there, it will grade the food choice based on your body's needs. For example, I just looked up blueberries which had a B+ rating. It even tells you why they rate it that way. Amazing. Knowledge is power!

Jules

Kristina said...

If I stay at my current calorie intake, I should be at my goal weight by the beginning of December. However, I couldn't find how many calories that strength training burns.
Well, if I could be at goal by Christmas, I would be very happy indeed. That would be 100 pounds in a little under a year. : )

SueAnne said...

That was really cool. My BMI is no longer obese:) and I could take in 1450 calories a day. I am still aiming for 1000-1400, so I guess I am doing ok.
SueAnne