Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Please Pray

Please pray for me today. We are having AC issues that will probably cost a bit of change. I am stressed and angry at myself as I could have prevented it by turning off the unit last night instead of letting it run. I really want to eat over these feelings but instead I am turning to my source of strength, the Lord God Almighty, who is stronger and bigger than all of this. He alone can sooth the longing to eat over deep emotions.

Here was my recovery devotional today:

The smallest seed of faith is better than the largest fruit of happiness.--Henry David Thoreau
Life's crises seem terrifying and endless when they are happening. As we reflect on these stressful periods, we begin to realize that they provide a chance for change and growth. We get a feeling of hope when we think back to past problems that seemed like mountains of despair at the time. Today, many of our mountains of fear are behind us. We have been able to climb these mountains in our lives even though we may have had to take different paths than we had planned.
Now we know that, with faith, we can meet every challenge --that we are given no obstacle we can't turn into an opportunity.
Today let me be willing to let my Higher Power lead me in an orderly direction.


Thank you for praying.
AMy

3 comments:

Lisa said...

God's got your back, Amy. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and your AC - especially since it's so HOT.

Kristina said...

Oh Amy, how frustrating. I'm sorry about your situation.
I'll pray that God provides.

Kristina

Chickadeeva said...

I am sorry you had a tough one. I am praying you'll have all the Grace and Courage you need today.