Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tonight at WW

After a gain last Tuesday night I was down right pissed. I tried to blame my kids, my husband, a pan of rice krispie treats, the heat and I was really mad. I took my tennis racket out and started to hit balls. (therapy for anger instead of yelling at my family) I began praying and telling God how mad I was about it. I had lost 19 pounds and then had a gain. He listened and I heard Him say (in my head) "have you surrendered your food and your eating to me, you know I am stronger than it is?"

That night, I got down on my knees and admited that I was powerless over the food and that my eating was out of control(in the style of AA/OA) and that I was willing for God to be in control of it and my life and for me to live each day in His will. I have been taking my food one day at time and planning each meal instead of just tracking what I was eating as it occurred. I have had a quiet time each morning where I spend 15-30 minutes with God and repeat this prayer. I began to follow the Weight Watchers Core plan instead of the Flex Plan.

This week I had a 8.2 lb weight loss. I did not expect it to be so much. I have not been hungry nor have I craved food. I have had some times of stress but I pray about it and the desire to eat over it goes away. I have now had seven days of abstinence (three planned meals per day only/ no binges/ no trigger foods) I am grateful for the weight loss but this week I am more grateful for the sanity and control over food that letting God be in control brings. Once I plan my meals for the day, I just don't have to think about food again. I now have time to think about the house, my honey and kids and more creative venues.

Thank you Lord for YOU being in control. Thank you for today and for abstinence. Thank you for loving me.

5 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Holy Cow, Amy! What an amazing struggle and victory you have had! I am so proud of you! Your honesty with yourself and the Lord is amazing! You are my hero of the week, babe.

Love,
Jules

kimiko said...

Amy,
I totally understand that struggle. I've had to go through the same process. The Lord is truly the only one who can fill the void we try to fill with food. Thank you for sharing in such a vunerable and honest way.
Smiles,
Kimiko

Paige said...

Wow Amy. just, wow.

Kristina said...

Wow girlfriend! Now YOU be givin'ME all of the inspiration! I'm so totally proud of you!!!!
Isn't it awesome what occurs when we fully give it all to God?
I believe in you too, I always have. :)

Love, Kristina

SueAnne said...

Wow Amy, I am wiping tears of joy for you. That is so awsome. 8.2 pounds! I am so excited for you!
SueAnne