Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Three Cheers for Produce!

I have done nothing but eat today, but that has been a good thing. Especially when you look at what I've been eating.

9:30 - banana
11:00 - fresh peach (really juicy!)
12:45 - watermelon
2:00 - cucumber salad - cucumbers, oranges, red onion, cilantro - yum!
3:15 - tuna fish - with tomatoes, apples, onion, garlic, basil, and balsamic vinegar

Usually by this point in the day I'm getting hungry, no matter what I ate for lunch. All I have done today is eat, though, and I am full. At less than 500 calories. Someone will have enough cals left over to have ice cream for dessert, even after pasta & pesto night!

Here's to summer, when all fruit is in season!

Lisa

P.S. In the best news I've heard all week, Blue Bell makes a "no sugar added," lowfat version of my favorite ice cream, Great Divide (half homemade vanilla, half dutch chocolate, oooooh!). It's 90 calories a half cup instead of 160 and it tastes really good too. I must have done something really good for karma to catch up with me like this! :)

2 comments:

Kristina said...

You're just a lean, mean, fruit & vegetable eating machine!!

And yeah for finding a lowfat version of your favorite icecream! Isn't life good? : )

Mom2the6Rs said...

Sounds like a "cleansing" day, Lisa! BTW, thanks for commenting on my book blog. Appreciate the love.

Jules