Monday, August 07, 2006

So Close, Yet So Far

I am officially less than a pound away from no longer being overweight. And I have been here for a week (which is okay). And I expect it to change (not in a good way) here shortly.

This weekend brought a lot of stress (office moved, over a week late, after the furniture moved the week before, and I spent the interim practicing law from a folding table with no files) and social obligations which required me to eat (barbecue, home-made ice cream, home-made bread, cookies, the works). To top it off, I couldn't get all my water today (I had to wear a suit and hose and I can't be peeing every two seconds when I'm in court all day) and I had one of the worst mornings ever (hint: if you're ever going to get messed up on a hearing docket, it's best not to do it when your client the former federal judge is in tow). Oh yeah, and I forgot breakfast.

But I'm leaving all of that behind. I didn't run downstairs to La Madeleine when I realized I didn't have breakfast (court, not virtue) and when I got home this evening, I took 30 minutes of me-time and then hauled my pity-party throwing self to the Y.

The alarm is set for 5:00 tomorrow morning so I can get back to the Y and although there is only a 50/50 chance I'll actually get up, it's okay because I have tennis tomorrow night.

My water is chilling in the fridge, and I'm heading back on track, in full damage control mode.

Umph.

4 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa...your life is so like a script from a movie or something to me! I am doing laundry, and changing diapers and planning for homeschool....I don't think I have donned "hose" for a couple of years! I am so glad you are apart of this blog. You make us so well rounded.

Good for you on getting yourself to the Y. I, too, work out at the Y. I will think of you the next time I go and feel a greater connection.

Jules

Pink Slippers said...

OH LISA! I am so sorry! Boy you did a great job writing though, I really could "see" everything you were describing in my head! And yeah, who wants to be going potty every 10 seconds while wearing hose and trying to be all professional in court?! Sucking on an evian bottle probably doesn't give you that whole look of togetherness you want to portray while in court either, huh?? Thanks for posting, loved the read...hope tomorrow is much better!! Congrats on being so close to "normal" weight!

kimiko said...

Isn't it wonderful to see your goal milestone within sight?! I am very happy for you. I know life can be so stressful and losing weight can have its on stress as well. I am glad you have a plan to push pass the discouraging things that are going on. Good luck, you will make it!
Smiles,
kimiko

Kristina said...

What a crazy week! I hope that the rest of the transistion to your new office goes more smoothly!

Less than one pound away from being "overweight"? Wow! That must be something. I've just barely broken the obesity barrier... I can only imagine.

Great job Lisa, I'm very proud of you.