Friday, June 30, 2006

Doing the happy dance!


Well today marks my 6th week on Weight Watchers. I did my weekly weigh in this morning. I must admit I was a little bit nervous as I was out of town for four days and you all remember the 11 point scone incident. Well... I lost 2.2 pounds! I was totally shocked. I remember telling myself before stepping on the scale to have low expectations. Well, that is my second highest loss since I started. 2.2 pounds in one week. The most I have lost in one week is 2.4 pounds. I even got off the scales and tried it again as I just didn't believe that I could have lost that much while on vacation. Now I did stay on my plan while I was gone- but I also used a lot more of my "extra" points.
I am very happy. I have hit my first goal- to lose 10 pounds, and my second goal, to be below 150 pounds. I am 148.4

So, in celebration of my accomplishment I am scheduling a massage for myself. I have needed one for a long time. I told myself last August that I would get one when we finished painting the house. We finished painting last August and I still haven't gotten my massage! I must say that I am more proud of this accomplishment than the house though and I am going to get my massage!!!
My goals for next week
  1. lift weights twice- elliptical three times
  2. drink more water
  3. TAKE MY VITAMINS DAILY
  4. only drink one artificially sweetened beverage per week.

6 comments:

kimiko said...

Congrats on your weight loss! I like the idea of you giving your self a treat when you reach certain milestones in your weightloss journey. I am going to keep that in mind for myself as well. I also like how you set mini goal (very achievable)goals for this week. I tend to set mine too high then I am dissapointed. Great Idea. Have a great weekend.

SueAnne said...

Woo hoo Jenny! Way to to! I am happy for you and your skinny-fied self. Way to go on the massage and keeping your stick-to-it-ive-ness.
SueAnne

Kristina said...

I'm doing the happy dance with you Jenny! Congrats!

Kristina

Mom2the6Rs said...

Happy dance for you! I can't wait to see you! You are doing such good things for yourself, now. I am so glad that you are. You deserve this self-nurturing.

Love you,
Jules

Amy Witt said...

Way to go. YOu are doing so great!!! I love WW. It really works for me. Have a good weekend.

Debbie said...

Wow, you are doing so great! I know that scale can be scary after expecting an off week. You should be proud of yourself!!!