Monday, June 26, 2006

I knew this week would be tough

I knew this week was going to be tough and I got caught without a plan. We are having VBS at church in the evenings from 6-8 which is good since many of our folks work and could not help if we had it during the day. They even provided us a supper at 5. Here is the tough part. Our senior adults are providing the supper.

That in itself should not be cause for concern but our senior adults can cook. Tonight there was pasta salad, smoked brisket, beans, fresh tomatoes, ham, bread and cookies. I was not prepared. Matter of fact I failed. The brisket was so good and hot and I had just had to discipline Butch who was not behaving up to his usual standard so I ate over being upset and mad and rushed and managing three kids to get dressed and to church on time and planning the music lesson
and and and

Tomorrow I have a plan. I am going to eat a small healthy snack at home before we go. Matter of fact, I may just feed the kids at home and get to church at 5:30 and skip the supper all together. I will eat a small dinner when we get home at 8:30. Since I do not go to bed until 11 that gives me plenty of time to exercise.

Any more suggestions?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It sounds like you have everything worked out. Don't feel bad about tonight, though - you recognize that this is a one-off and that you can't do it all the time. That's the important part!

Amy, I don't know if I've told you this but I'm proud of you. I know this isn't easy, but the desire to change is the biggest part of the battle. I see that desire in you and know that with patience you are going to succeed.

Kristina said...

If I were you, I'd try and eat at home before going. Those things that are being prepared sound mighty dangerous. On occassion I think is fine, but if it's there, and it's a social thing, I'd be sunk! Especially if it's every night this week.

SueAnne said...

I agree with Kristina. You are still too "green" in the healthy eating arena to handle temptations of that caliber. I know I am too. Remember, every time you say no. Every victory brings you a little closer to lasting freedom! You Go Girl!
SueAnne