Thursday, June 29, 2006

Cravings

What I would really like right now is a big bowl of my mom's homemade potato salad. And some gooey, cheesy lasagna. Some cheesecake from Patrizio's with the raspberry chocolate sauce. And baklava. With fried chicken. A big plate of nachos and cheese enchiladas or - better yet - enchiladas boom-boom. Some queso flameado and fresh made tortillas. And an order of Eggs Benedict. To be polished off with a big steamy mug of hot chocolate. And a cupcake with cream cheese icing.

This is why I should not forget to bring my breakfast with me to work.

I am doing my best to avoid the kitchen (they have cookies, pretzels, graham crackers and chips - all of which are on my HECK NO list) and behave until lunch. Then I'll run home and have the pasta I put together this morning.

Sometimes it is no fun being good. :(

6 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

AMEN SISTER! I hear ya!! Sorry it is rough going, I am experiencing some of the same things right now. Your post was almost more than I could believe! I am really hankering for my free day.....
Keep it up, and I will work at doing the same. Thank you for sharing, it really helped me.
Tina

Chickadeeva said...

Wow, you are up against a battle there. Well done! I hope you fought hard and snacked pasta.

Its true, sometimes its no fun being good, but othertimes, "Did you lose weight?" makes up for it.

Kristina said...

Way to go Lisa, WAY TO GO!!
Way to go Lisa, WAY TO GO!!
Way to go Lisa, WAY TO GO!!

Did ya catch that I was doing a cheer leader thingy?

Way to ditch the crud. : )

Kristina

Lisa said...

I was just throwing myself a pity party because I missed breakfast. Once I ate (the pasta) my blood sugar rose and I returned to sanity. I couldn't ever eat that much food anyway.

But that potato salad sure sounded good!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Oh grosssss. You just grossed me out, girl! All that rich food...I would be HURLING!

I do understand cravings. I am so programed, that whenever I hear latino music, I want chips and salsa! My mouth just starts watering big time.

Skipping meals is a dangerous sport, that's for sure!

Jules

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.